Sunny, summer weather sets the perfect backdrop for any wedding. However, an outdoor ceremony risks a makeup meltdown during this time of year. But your makeup should withstand not only heat but also tears, and anything else your wedding day throws at you. here are some face-saving tips and advice for summer brides.
1. If your skin is oily, hydrate it with an oil-free moisturizer. If it’s extra oily, skip the moisturizer and just dab a little eye lotion under your eyes. And if your skin is dry, moisturize as usual.
2. Opt for an oil-free primer before applying makeup. Primer helps your makeup wear longer, sit better, and hold up through any condition. If you use foundation, apply an oil-free formula with a foundation brush. After you’ve applied your liquid foundation, powder your face with a small brush.
3. Take caution with bronzers. Stay away from liquid or cream bronzers, as they will not hold up in the heat; try a matte powder instead.
1. If your lids are extra oily, apply a mattifying product first, then put your concealer on top. Finish it off with a dusting of powder.
2. When it comes to shadows, stay away from creamy formulas, which tend to oil up. For extra insurance, apply two layers.
3. As for liners, liquid liner is the best idea.
4. A waterproof mascara is a must for every bride, especially for a summer one.
We are in love with today’s beautiful wedding inspiration, a fun spin on a Frida Kahlo inspired wedding by Sun and Life Photography, E Events Co. + Christine Cater Floral + Event Design. SOURCE>>
If you’re in the midst of planning your winter wedding for later this year – or if you need to pick up a few last minute pieces for your upcoming celebration – today’s post couldn’t come at a better time!
Because the new winter collection from 4LOVEPolkaDots is available now and it’s filled with creative + unique pieces that will complete your wedding setting + impress your guests. Source>>
It’s always a treat to get a peek inside a photography workshop, and the setting dreamt up by Chelsea Porter for the KariMe Photography workshop will definitely lend some autumn inspiration worth pinning.
And just in time for Thanksgiving, too! Kari shares, The rustic farm style was breathtaking with an incredible floral wall created by Eco Flora Design. Source>>
The beautiful bride from today’s wedding, Katie, is a talented artist whose watercolor work has graced countless weddings over the years. To no surprise, this creative lady adorned her own wedding celebration with hand-painted whimsy, unique decor elements and an ethereal, artful vibe.
She + Eli dreamed of a setting where wildflowers would be tucked into every corner, fig and honey drenched desserts would be served, butterflies, vines and wild berries would be woven throughout, and custom crafted signature whiskey would be enjoyed by all. Souce>>